Friday 21 November 2008

Tien Llung

So North I went, to Tien Llung.
3 TROPICAL ISLANDS/L$1,799 MONTH - 03

~VOTED THE MOST ROMANTIC SIM IN SECOND LIFE~

Owner (group): *-TIEN LLUNG-*

In spite of the similar name, and landscaping this sim is owned by a different group. Possibly it is a sim that has been sold to actual users, while Ti Lung is still just developed? For now, I will not probe into these doubts, but possibly as this transect evolves I end up doing just that.

So, coming from the Ti Lung pyramids, I get some nice relaxing Spanish guitar music, and an Arabian-looking palace on a small island of white sand.
Well, not so much a palace as a forum: it's an open courtyard, with an alcove inside each tower, and a large hollow default cilinder prim owned by Suave Andel, created yesterday, so, I'm assuming this is still a work in progress. Typical animation balls and pose balls: chillin', snugglin', relaxing, together, The Dip, skyduet, Sweptaway, swingin' Hot Salsa.

Since large-scale dragons don't work very well with these animations, I switched to my Beowolf avatar, and tried a nice narghilè or hookah. The hovering text said "touch mouthpart for a smoke", and a smoke I got, alright! Uhm... Shouldn't it look like I was inhaling? (By the way: in RL, I don't smoke, except cigars during weddings - I despise smoking as an habit/addiction.)
So, if you're wondering what a Beowulf avatar looks like swigin', here you go (oh, and that large cylinder I mentioned is clearly visible in the background):
There is also a nice hookah-looking element which is in fact a radio station selector:
Going out to a boat, I came across a teleport beam. This took me to several sky homes, not unlike the fantasy home I had found in Ti Lung, and combining several elements I'd seen before. For instance, here I'm playing a harp, but nearby is a net that is either identical or very similar to the one I had found in the Egyptian palace of Ti Lung. There were also the typical "Rest" poses on pillows.
There was also a large bed, with 5 (!) pose/animation balls: Relax F, Relax M, 3way 1 -M, 3way 2 - F, and 3way 3 - F. So here's my Beowulf avi with the 3way 1 - M pose:
Some nice touches. The second floor had another communal bed, but only with relaxing poses (including one called "Kickback", which basically is lying on your back with a knee up). And a pool/jacuzzi with controls for fog, bubble, and water level. Don't know what the car is for, though, up in the sky.
From here I took the teleport again, chose "Gardens", and found myself on a nice flying oriental garden. I think I'll report on that on the next post, some other time.

No comments: